- This event has passed.
A Conversation with Dennis McKenna FREE
August 19, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm EDT
Dennis McKenna’s research has focused on the interdisciplinary study of Amazonian ethnopharmacology and plant hallucinogens. He has conducted extensive ethnobotanical fieldwork in the Peruvian, Colombian, and Brazilian Amazon.
His doctoral research (University of British Columbia, 1984) focused on the ethnopharmacology of ayahuasca and oo-koo-he, two tryptamine-based hallucinogens used by indigenous peoples in the Northwest Amazon.
From 2000 to 2017, he taught courses on Ethnopharmacology and Plants in Human Affairs as an adjunct Assistant Professor in the Center for Spirituality and Healing at the University of Minnesota.
In the spring of 2019, in collaboration with colleagues in Canada and the U.S., he incorporated a new non-profit, the McKenna Academy of Natural Philosophy. He emigrated to Canada in the spring of 2019 together with his wife Sheila, and now resides in Abbotsford, B.C.
Please join Dennis Mckenna for a FREE event hosted by The Alchemist’s Kitchen. Lou Sagar, Founder of The Alchemist’s Kitchen will assist with moderation allowing plenty of time for Q and A!
Talking Points Include:
- The McKenna Academy; the inspiration, the vision, the timely need, how to support their vision in an awakened world where all species thrive in symbiotic interconnectivity.
- Dennis; views on the “psychedelic renaissance”, upsides, downsides
- Building bridges between contemporary/modern/indigenous sciences
- The importance of the study of ethnobotany
- You will receive the Zoom Login Information via email.
- Guests are strongly encouraged to attend this event in real time. This event will, however, be available as a recorded and available for 72-hours.
- Registration for this ticket closes on Thursday, August 19th
- Any additional questions, comments, or concerns can be emailed to: Learn@thealchemistskitchen.com