- This event has passed.
Herbs for Winter Wellness
January 20 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm EST
As we settle into the winter months, the long nights beckon us towards welcome rest, recuperation, and hearth-tending after a strenuous year fraught with widespread illness and much (necessary) societal agitation. Though we’re all feeling a little burnt out and run down, this quiet time is the best time to do some root-deep caring for ourselves and our loved ones!
In this workshop, we’ll focus on practical, accessible ways we can incorporate herbs–earth’s medicinal gifts–into our wellness routines. We’ll talk about working with the energetics of wintertime, ways to assess our own energetics, and how to select herbs that fit our specific energetics through the seasons.
In addition, we’ll discuss using abundant, bioregional herbs internally, topically, nutritionally, and spiritually; we’ll also dive into colds, flus, and ways we can build solid, long term immunity. As a bonus, attendants will be provided with several written recipes for fun, nourishing herbal preparations to make at home!
Micaela Foley is a certified herbalist with an educational background in energetic and clinical herbalism, alchemy, & medical astrology. She completed the clinical practitioner course at Blue Otter School of Herbal Medicine in Northern California and the foundational year program at ArborVitae School of Traditional Herbalism in New York City.
Her herbal writings can be found through wellness resources like mindbodygreen, Shape magazine, & The Alchemist’s Kitchen, where she previously managed the herbal program.
Currently, she lives and farms in Rhode Island. Micaela’s herbal practice is committed to social activism, accessibility, & empowerment through education and mutual aid. She is available for private sessions, clinical work, & as a teacher, writer, and consultant.
- We have reserved tickets for people with limited means. Email us at: Learn@thealchemistskitchen.com to redeem. Please note, tickets are limited and are first come first serve.
- After you complete your payment, you will receive a confirmation that contains the zoom login information.
- Can’t attend in real time? No problem! A recording will be sent to you after the class.
- Registration closes thirty minutes before the start of the event.
- Tickets are non-refundable.