- This event has passed.
Intertwining Music, Writing, and Spirituality: A Workshop on How to Deepen Our Relationship With Ourselves Through Music
November 23 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm EST
This workshop will be an interactive listening/reflection practice in utilizing music as a way of aligning with our higher selves. It will focus on subjective listening and sharing our interpretations of certain songs that activate both the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous system. There will be a discussion about the practice of repetition as a musician and how it can help to guide fears into a controlled, meditative state as well as lead to contentment and spiritual connectivity. It will be an encouraging and uplifting session of tapping into the rhythmically intuitive spirit that we all have the capacity to become.
Starting out in Van Nuys, CA, Lia Braswell has worked her way up from playing with some of the most talented artists around. She started writing music during high school and began playing shows in the greater Los Angeles area shortly after. She joined in on drums for projects including TR/ST, Le Butcherettes, A Place To Bury Strangers, White Sea, and many more. She has toured all over the world and performed at many popular festivals. She also occasionally writes for Modern Drummer and various other publications. She currently lives in New York and is focusing on her solo music, school, writing, and visualizing a better world.
Website: Lia Simone Braswell
- We have reserved tickets for people with limited means. Email us at: Learn@thealchemistskitchen.com to redeem. Please note, tickets are limited and are first come first serve.
- After you complete your payment, you will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom Login Information
- Can’t attend in real time? No problem! A recording will be sent to you after the class.
- Registration closes thirty minutes before the start of the event.
- Tickets are non-refundable.