- This event has passed.
Mother Wound Breathwork Circle
May 10 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm EDT$15.00
“The Mother Wound is the pain rooted in our relationship with our mothers that is passed down from generation to generation in patriarchal cultures and has a profound effect on our lives. When left unresolved, we pass on the Mother Wounds our mothers and grandmothers before us failed to heal, which consist of toxic and oppressive beliefs, ideals, perceptions and choices about ourselves, others, and all of life itself.” – Bethany Webster, author of “Discovering the Inner Mother”
In examining Mother Wound breathwork circle this month, we will be taking an deep, expansive journey through breath to Quantum spaces where we can face our Mother Wounds, showing these tender parts of ourselves grace, love and compassion. We will be journeying with our Little Selves, our honest guides, as they reveal ways in which we have not allowed ourselves to be seen, to stand in our power, and have questioned our worthiness.
What you’ll need:
- Zoom on mobile or laptop
- Yoga mat / bed: we will have our eyes closed throughout the journey, actively breathing lying down, then guided to slowly stand and move during the guided visualization. Make sure you are in a safe space to move freely.
- Eyemask or hand towel
- Eat light. Try to eat a light meal at least an hour before the breathwork session.
- Hydrate, before AND after the session.
- Tissues: You may experience some emotional release.
In April 2018, Ellen made the leap from her career as an executive creative director in digital marketing to co-create Daughters., a “soul-care” company devoted to educating and inspiring professional women to reconnect to their body, mind and spirit through aromatherapy tools and modern self-reflection rituals.
Daughters launched a podcast in August 2019 called Woo Knew?that follows the cofounders’ transformational journeys as they explore the world of alternative healing. That same month, Ellen became a certified Breathwork guide and is now building her practice in DTLA. She merges breathwork with her background in art and music to create a unique healing practice that reflects and serves the urban DTLA community.
- We have reserved tickets for people with limited means. Email us at: Learn@thealchemistskitchen.com to redeem. Please note, tickets are limited and are first come first serve.
- After you complete your payment, you will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom Login Information
- Can’t attend in real time? No problem! A recording will be sent to you after the class.
- Registration closes thirty minutes before the start of the event.
- Tickets are non-refundable