Reishi Mushroom Tea and Meditation
September 30 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm EDT
Please prepare your tea just before our gathering. If you wish, you may choose to wrap your cup or bowl in a cloth to help keep the tea warm. For our purposes of connecting with the spirit medicine of reishi, I like to brew a light tea. Select 2-4 reishi chunks (or break about half of a medium reishi slice into two or three pieces), place the pieces in a cup or small bowl, and pour nearly-boiling water over the mushroom pieces. I like to leave the pieces of reishi in my bowl, but you may strain them out after 5-10 minutes if you wish. Lightly brewed reishi slices can be re-steeped for tea multiple times. If you know that you like the full-bodied, earthy flavor of reishi, feel free to make a strong decoction (boiled tea). For this practice we will be working with reishi on its own, so it’s best to leave other herbs or sweeteners for another time. Reishi extract powder stirred into hot water will also work for this tea journey.
Ali Banks is an herbalist and medicine maker from North Georgia. Along with her partner, she runs Forest Folk Fungi, a medicinal mushroom apothecary, and facilitates connections between people and plants at workshops and retreats in Southern Appalachia. She is a student of the Heart and is deeply devoted to the Sacred in all its forms.
- We have reserved tickets for people with limited means. Email us at: Learn@thealchemistskitchen.com to redeem. Please note, tickets are limited and are first come first serve.
- After you complete your payment, you will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom Login Information
- Can’t attend in real time? No problem! A recording will be sent to you after the class.
- Registration closes thirty minutes before the start of the event.
- Tickets are non-refundable.