- This event has passed.
The Living Pantry: A Sensory Exploration of Fermented Foods SERIES TICKET
December 9, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm EST
In this first class we’ll begin the process of kombucha making. Over two weeks a sugary tea will become a fizzy, tart beverage filled with beneficial probiotics. Together we’ll make a base kombucha and go over best practices and how to avoid a failed batch of booch.
In our second class we’ll be guided in DO IT YOURSELF herbal vinegars and sauerkrauts. Together we will learn about brines! Then we’ll prepare an herbal vinegar for immune and respiratory health and craft a tasty late fall sauerkraut to support gut flora diversity and health.
In our last class together we’ll discuss the history and benefits of these powerfully medicinal foods. You’ll understand how these preparations can be used to support dynamic physical and emotional health. Fermented foods not only help us to find the space and time to practice rituals of care they also work to support clarity and calm of mind and strengthen markers of physical health.
Series begins on December 9th
Christine is an herbalist, a worker, and a writer. Her work connects people to themselves, each other, plants, and the planet.
Christine’s first book, Plant Magic: Herbalism in Real Life debuted this year with Roost Books. Plant Magic is an inviting and irreverent call to action: a hopeful and practical guide to pursuing individual and collective change and growth at home. Much of what we need to be well and stay connected is already here: growing in our backyards and tucked away in our kitchen cabinets. Common weeds and kitchen spices are essential allies in our fight for whole health for all.
Christine works professionally as a cook, farm-hand, and herbalist. She also holds workshops and personalized consultations where she helps people gain the knowledge and skills they need to work confidently in their homes and communities by integrating herbalism, cooking, and food-growing in their lives.
ps. Christine is not on social media, to receive updates please sign-up her my newsletter.
Website: Christine Buckley
- After registering for this series, you will receive an email that contains an equipment and ingredient list.
- We have reserved tickets for people with limited means. Email us at: Learn@thealchemistskitchen.com to redeem. Please note, tickets are limited and are first come first serve.
- After you complete your payment, you will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom Login Information for each workshop. A team member will be in contact with you with class reminders and information.
- Can’t attend in real time? No problem! A recording will be sent to you after the class.
- Registration closes thirty minutes before the start of the event.
- Tickets are non-refundable.