- This event has passed.
The Living Pantry: DIY Herbal Vinegars + Sauerkraut
December 16, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm EST
Fermentation is one of the most exciting transformations to take place in the kitchen. It is a natural process that humans have harnessed to maximize a food’s healthfulness. The kitchen is the site of ancestral ritual, scientific experimentation, and collective transformation. It is the place where we make and consume sensually, deliciously, and intentionally.
In this class, herbalist and author Christine Buckley, will guide us in DO IT YOURSELF herbal vinegars and sauerkrauts. Together we will learn about brines! Then we’ll prepare an herbal vinegar for immune and respiratory health and craft a tasty late fall sauerkraut to support gut flora diversity and health.
Christine is an herbalist, a worker, and a writer. Her work connects people to themselves, each other, plants, and the planet.
Christine’s first book, Plant Magic: Herbalism in Real Life debuted this year with Roost Books. Plant Magic is an inviting and irreverent call to action: a hopeful and practical guide to pursuing individual and collective change and growth at home. Much of what we need to be well and stay connected is already here: growing in our backyards and tucked away in our kitchen cabinets. Common weeds and kitchen spices are essential allies in our fight for whole health for all.
Christine works professionally as a cook, farm-hand, and herbalist. She also holds workshops and personalized consultations where she helps people gain the knowledge and skills they need to work confidently in their homes and communities by integrating herbalism, cooking, and food-growing in their lives.
ps. Christine is not on social media, to receive updates please sign-up her my newsletter.
Website: Christine Buckley
- After registering for this workshop, you will receive an email that contains an equipment and ingredient list.
- We have reserved tickets for people with limited means. Email us at: Learn@thealchemistskitchen.com to redeem. Please note, tickets are limited and are first come first serve.
- After you complete your payment, you will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom Login Information
- Can’t attend in real time? No problem! A recording will be sent to you after the class.
- Registration closes thirty minutes before the start of the event.
- Tickets are non-refundable.