The Moon in Astrology: A Love Letter to Luna
September 28 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm EDT
Have you ever noticed how Western horoscopic astrology places excessive emphasis on the Sun and solar qualities, such as reason, brightness, rationality, individualism and masculinity? That the Moon itself and lunar qualities, such as mystery, darkness, intuition, communalism and femininity, are often undervalued or shied away from?
Are you curious about what the Moon may truly signify in astrology and how your own Moon sign could potentially be a far more intimate and personal experience for you, than any other placement in your chart?
Join astrologer, Torrence Tremayne, for this in-depth workshop on the Moon in astrology. In this workshop we will:
● Get intimate with our Moon, Luna, the nighttime luminary and closest astrological body to the Earth.
● Discover how our Moon sign may be far more obvious and personally resonant than our Sun sign, in everyday life.
● Learn about a fascinating, ancient astrological concept called Sect; the difference between Daytime and Nighttime birth charts.
● Discuss how we may personally work with the Moon’s timing and cycles, to find synchronous flow with our cosmos.
● Lean into the unknown, explore the textures of darkness, ephemerality, and transience.
Torrence Tremayne is an astrologer and writer, residing in New York City. His archetypal and imaginal approach to astrology is informed by nearly a decade of self-directed study, an undergraduate degree in art history, as well as his enduring interests in myth, symbol, cosmology and depth psychology.
As a counseling astrologer, Torrence facilitates his clients’ engagement with their own personal mythos, the quest to embody soul and synchrony with the cosmos. He prompts his clients toward self-inquiry and experimentation, rather than prescriptive fatalism. Torrence approaches astrology as a therapeutic narrative tool, a means to come into relationship with the archetypal ecology and sacred timing of our cosmos. He maintains the perspective, that by deepening into the dynamic paradoxes of our personal being, we may come to experience our essential interbeing with all life. The fundament of reality, that the ancients called anima mundi, or the soul of the world.
- We have reserved tickets for people with limited means. Email us at: Learn@thealchemistskitchen.com to redeem. Please note, tickets are limited and are first come first serve.
- After you complete your payment, you will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom Login Information
- Can’t attend in real time? No problem! A recording will be sent to you after the class.
- Registration closes on September 28th at 6:00 PM EST
- Tickets are non-refundable