We recently teamed up with Jenny Sansouci, author of the Rebel’s Apothecary to try out one of her recipes. Jenny is a Certified Health Coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and has been trained by functional medicine doctor Frank Lipman, MD, in New York City.
Be a Rebel
The Rebel’s Apothecary is the result of her heartfelt and rigorous quest – a science-based and supportive guide that will enhance the lives of anyone living with pain, anxiety, depression, a weakened immune system, insomnia, and more.
We also discuss Jenny’s book and course currently available on-demand at the Alchemist’s Kitchen which covers:
- Navigating CBD and mushroom products and using them safely without intoxicating effects
- The latest research on psilocybin, the psychedelic compound in magic mushrooms
- Tips for creating a cutting-edge home apothecary of your own and adding CBD and medicinal mushrooms to your everyday life
And find Jenny’s Course here!
Our Virtual Learning Platform is inspired by the power and need for education and community. Our monthly calendar of workshops and classes is hosted by our resident herbalists and a collective community of teachers, and thought leaders from across the globe!
The Best CBD Cookies
Straight from Jenny’s class comes the best CBD cookies to ever exist. Both gluten-free and delicious, you’ll want to make these for every party, hang-out, or just to enjoy a chill night at home!
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup CBD-infused Coconut Oil or grass-fed butter
- 2 oz. Dark Chocolate Bar
If you don’t have infused butter or oil, you can use plain butter or coconut oil. Add a few dropperfuls of Plant Alchemy tincture, at your preferred dosage. Keep in mind, it is peppermint and spearmint flavored.
Also, the chocolate can be replaced with 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Add almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt to a food processor or high-speed blender and mix well. (You can simply stir with a fork or whisk instead of blending/food-processing, but the texture of the dough won’t be as smooth.)
- Add honey, vanilla, and coconut oil or butter to the mixture.
- Mix well (or pulse if you’re using a food processor) until it becomes dough.
- Transfer dough to a bowl.
- Chop up the chocolate bar and add the chocolate pieces to the dough.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls (using 1-2 Tbsp. dough for each cookie) and line on cookie sheet on parchment paper. Pat down with fingers. If using blueberries, add 2-3 blueberries to each cookie once the balls of dough are on the cookie sheet and press blueberries into the dough.
- Bake for 6-9 minutes (yes, that’s it!), until golden brown. Let cool before serving.