Chaga’s distinct, earthy flavor has subtle hints of nutty tang and vanilla notes. It harmonizes beautifully with banana, chocolate chips and antioxidant rich dried wild berries in these quintessential liver protective muffins.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tbsp chaga extract powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- ¼ cup dried mulberries or goldenberries
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup oat milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and paper line or oil muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, sift your dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas and mix in sugar, milk, and melted butter until evenly combined.
- Fold in dry ingredients and mix until evenly combined.
- Add chocolate chips and dried berries.
- Pour batter into a prepared muffin tray.
- Bake for 22-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan before cooling on rack.
Other interesting reads: